Cutting out or cutting down on alcohol doesn’t mean you have to miss out on fun, delicious drinks!
We hosted a Mocktail Mixer event with alcohol-free trailblazers Chris Marshall from Sans Bar and Laura Silverman from Zero Proof Nation. During our event, you’ll learn how to make delicious summer mocktails and meet these two amazing leaders within the recovery movement. We talked about how to socialize sans booze, develop strategies for hosting your own mixers, and provide helpful hacks to level up any regular drink into a special one for yourself or a loved one who isn’t drinking. Watch it here!
Here are two refreshing summer mocktail recipes from Chris and Laura, so you can create some alcohol-free magic.
Say Ahhhhh ???? ????
This recipe was designed by Laura Silverman. She says, “This cucumber + watermelon + mint zero proof spritz is sure to cool you off on a hot, sweltering day.”
- fresh watermelon, cubed
- fresh mint
- coconut water
- Cucumber DRY Botanical Bubbly, chilled
- zero proof gin (my pick: Monday)
- a few dashes of Hella Cocktail Co. ginger bitters (optional)
1. Blend fresh watermelon, fresh mint (as much as you’d like), a couple of ice cubes, and a few ounces of coconut water in the blender.
2. Pour blended mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
3. Pop a couple of watermelon mint cubes into a glass of your choice. If you don’t have the time to freeze ingredients overnight, you can “cheat” by substituting watermelon water or muddled fresh watermelon and mint.
4. Pour in 3-4 ounces cucumber DRY Botanical Bubbly.
5. Add the juice of one lime.
6. Measure out 1-2 ounces of zero-proof gin of your choice; pour into glass.
7. Optional: add a few dashes of ginger bitters.
8. Garnish with fresh mint. Top with extra bubbly soda water (my pick: Sodastream)—if you have any room left in your glass.
9. Stir gently.
10. ENJOY and say ahhhhhhh.
^^ This may sound complicated but I empower you to experiment in the kitchen! That’s what I did. Make mistakes. Have fun.
This recipe is made by master mixer Chris Marshall. It makes a great summer party/celebration drink for those looking for conscious summer sun.
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries work great) + extra for garnish
- 1 oz/2 tbsp coconut water
- 1 oz/2 tbsp zero proof rum (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- Sparkling water
- Ice, as needed
- Slice of strawberry for garnish
- Add the berries to a glass and muddle them using either a wooden spoon or muddler. (Muddling means to crush the fruit to draw out the flavors).
- In a cocktail shaker or other lidded container, add the simple syrup, lime juice, zero-proof rum, and coconut water; shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glass with the berries, add ice, and top with sparkling water.
- Add a few extra berries and a sliced strawberry to each glass for garnish. Enjoy!