Last revised: August 4th, 2017
This Policy also applies to any of our other websites that post this Policy. This Policy does not apply to websites that post different statements.
What information do we collect from users?
Personal Information: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, credit card and/or payment information, phone number, weight, date of birth, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), usernames, passwords, other details to help you with your experience, and any other information you give us on our Service. If you chat with other Workit Health users, we will have access to the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, we will have access to the content of that communication.
We may also log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Service we log your computer’s operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Service, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Service. This information could also include your device ID and type, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Submissions“). Your User Submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Submissions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Submissions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
NOTE: By using our Service, you consent to, and authorize Workit Health to disclose your information to the other users of the Services, including our administrators, health coaches and other healthcare professionals, and user group members, if any. These individuals may have access to your personal information, including your name and diagnosis and reason for program participation. We are dedicated to protecting your privacy, however, but we cannot control, and expressly disclaim any responsibility for, whether or how users will subsequently use or disclose posted or previously disclosed information. If you do not consent to the disclosure of this information, you should not access or use the Services. The Services include the ability for users to share personal information, including PHI. Any information you choose to provide or upload to or disclose through the Service, including information about your medical condition, may be visible to health coaches and other healthcare professionals, administrators, and even to other users of the Service who may participate in a support group with you. Accordingly, you should provide only the information you feel comfortable disclosing.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you create an account, when you participate in the Services, when you make an appointment, and when you enter information on our Service.
How do we use your personal information?
- We may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services. Examples may include to improve quality of care, patient surveys, compiling medical information, de-identifying medical information and benchmarking. In addition, we may review the content you provide to us through your use of the service (such as chats, exercise data, and profile information) to ensure quality control.
- We may use your personal information to personalize your experience and deliver content and service offerings available through the Service.
- We may use your personal information to respond to questions and comments and provide customer service.
- We may use and disclose your personal information to your insurance company or health plan for purposes of billing and payment for our services offered to you. We may also disclose detailed information about your participation in our Services to permit your insurance company or health plan to evaluate the efficacy of the program and run their wellness incentive program to your benefit.
- We may use your personal information to provide referrals.
- We may use your personal information to send information to you, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We may communicate with you via the contact information you provide, such as by email, text, telephone, and regular mail.
- We may use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We may use your personal information to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content.
- We may use your personal information to perform website or mobile application analytics.
- We may use your personal information to perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- We may use your personal information to develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us.
We reserve the right to de-identify the information we collect from you, individually or aggregated with other users, and to use such de-identified information for any purpose, including commercial and research purposes. De-identified information refers to information through which the identification of a particular individual cannot be established. This often involves “scrubbing” the identifiable elements of personal data.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities. We also use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. [We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (e.g. Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, it will turn off some of the features that make your Service experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do you disclose information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Service, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, as noted above, de-identified information may be used by us and provided to other parties for any purpose.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 3300 Washtenaw Ave., Suite 280, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
What about third-party links?
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Can I change my personal information or close my account?
Yes. You are able to change your personal information by logging into your account.
You may close your account at any time. If you close your account, we will keep you information for analytical and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our Service Terms and Conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our Service or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
How does our Service handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our Service allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
How does our Service handle children’s privacy?
We restrict the use of our Service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18.