Last Updated: October 27, 2021
What information do we collect from users?
We may collect different types of personal information when you interact with our Service. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
In particular, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, and date of birth;
- The contact details of your emergency contact;
- The health information you provide when you interact with our Service;
- Insurance information, such as your policy number;
- Demographic information, such as your gender and occupation;
- Your Workit Health account information, such as your username and password;
- Your credit card or other payment card information;
- Your user submissions, which may be published or displayed on public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service
- Your chat conversations with other Workit Health users;
- The messages you send us with customer service or other inquiries;
- Information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Service, we may log your computer’s operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Service, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Service. This information could also include your device ID and type, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
When do we collect information?
How do we use your personal information?
- We may use your personal information to provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service, our websites, products, and services. For example, to the extent legally permitted, we may use your personal information to improve quality of care, conduct patient surveys, compile medical information, and conduct benchmarking. In addition, we may review the content you provide to us through your use of the service (such as chats, exercise data, and profile information) to ensure quality control.
- We may use your personal information to personalize your experience and deliver content and service offerings available through the Service.
- We may use your personal information to respond to questions and comments and provide customer service.
- We may disclose your personal information to your insurance company or health plan for purposes of billing and payment for our services offered to you. We may also disclose certain information about your participation in our services to permit your insurance company or health plan to evaluate the efficacy of the wellness incentive program and run the program to your benefit.
- We may use your personal information to provide referrals to other health care providers.
- We may use your personal information to send information to you, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We may communicate with you via the contact information you provide, such as by email, text, telephone, and regular mail.
- We may use and disclose your information to comply with our legal obligations. For example, if we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- We may use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service.
- We may use your personal information to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content.
- We may use your personal information to perform website or mobile application analytics.
- We may use your personal information to perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- We may use your personal information to develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites.
- We may use your personal information to create de-identified data, which we may use for any legally permissible purpose, including commercial and research purposes.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third-party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf.
How do we share your information?
We may share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- Your health care provider and other health care professionals, as permitted by applicable law;
- Other users of the Service when, for example, you chat with other users, post information to the Service, or participate in a support group;
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- Third-party analytics service providers who analyze data about how you interact with the Service. This information may be used to, among other things, improve the functionality of our online services;
- Third-party advertisers who may use your information to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests or location; and
- Other third parties as necessary to:
- (i) comply with laws applicable to WorkitHealth, a lawful request from law enforcement or a government agency (e.g., a request supported by a qualified protective order issued by a judge that limits the use of the information by the recipient), or other legal process;
- (ii) protect the legitimate rights, privacy, property, interests, or safety of WorkitHealth, our customers, business partners, personnel, or the general public;
- (iii) pursue available remedies or limit damages;
- (iv) enforce our Terms of Service;
- (v) respond to an emergency; or
- (vi) explore or complete a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control of WorkitHealth or its assets (whether in whole or in part).
Third-Party Analytics and Advertising Services
The third-party service providers we may use for advertising and analytics include, but are not limited to:
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of the information about you and limit the number of persons at WorkitHealth that can access your information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when creating an account to log in to their account. You should keep this password confidential and choose a password that you do not use on any other website.
Notice to Residents of California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any). To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 3300 Washtenaw Ave., Suite 280, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. Workit Health does not sell your personal information. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt out of those transactions.
What about third-party links?
The Service may contain links to other websites or services that are not controlled by WorkitHealth. Your use of a third-party website or any of its informational content is subject to and governed by the privacy policies, terms, and conditions of that website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party websites.
Can I change my personal information or close my account?
Yes. You are able to change your personal information by logging into your account.
You may close your account at any time. If you close your account, we may keep your information for analytical and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our Terms of Service, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our Service or our users or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
How does our Service handle do not track signals?
Certain web browsers and other devices you may use to access the Service may allow you to submit your preference that you do not wish to be “tracked” online. We do not currently commit to responding to “do not track” requests, in part, because no common industry standard for “do not track” has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators.
How does our Service handle children’s privacy?
We restrict the use of our Service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
Notice to International Visitors
We understand that you may be accessing the Service from a country outside of the United States. By accessing the Service and providing us with your information, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to, and processed in, the United States.
Updates to this Policy
We may update our privacy practices from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. If we make any material changes to the ways in which we process your information, then we will take reasonable efforts to notify you of these changes. The updated Policy will supersede all previous versions. Your continued use of the Services after the Effective Date of the updated Policy constitutes your acceptance of the updated Policy.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests related to our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact Workit Health at:
3300 Washtenaw Ave., Ste 280
Ann Arbor, MI 48104