to find life-long recovery
Empowering people to overcome addiciton
Whole-person clinical care
Workit Health’s affiliated, licensed clinicians are able to prescribe medication for substance use disorder and other health conditions when clinically appropriate.
Telemedicine video visits occur directly through the Workit Health app, with in-app messaging available for questions.
Evidence-based support and connection
Workit Health provides a variety of recovery support services tailored towards the specific needs of each individual.
We combine therapeutic coursework with virtual groups for convenient support. We also offer or coordinate counseling for individuals with complex conditions.
Workit Health leads the field of virtual substance use disorder care through innovation and has received grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse and National Science Foundation.
Our innovative automated drug testing system means you’re able to drug test at a time that is convenient for you, from the privacy of your home.
1. Buprenorphine. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/medications-counseling-related-conditions/buprenorphine. Accessed November 2021.
2. Davis, C. S., & Samuels, E. A. (2021). Continuing increased access to buprenorphine in the United States via telemedicine after COVID-19. The International Journal on Drug Policy, 93: 102905. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.102905
3. Fiellin, D. A., Moore, B. A., Sullivan, L. E., Becker, W. C., Pantalon, M. C., Chawarski, M. C., Barry, D. T., O’Connor, P. G., & Schottenfeld, R. S. (2008) Long-Term Treatment with Buprenorphine/Naloxone in Primary Care: Results at 2–5 Years, American Journal on Addictions, 17:2, 116-120, https://doi.org/10.1080/10550490701860971
4. Mahmoud, H., Naal, H., Whaibeh, E., & Smith, A. (2022). Telehealth‑Based Delivery of Medication‑Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder: a Critical Review of Recent Developments. Current Psychiatry Reports, 24:375–386. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11920-022-01346-z
5. Eibl, J. K., Gauthier, G., Pellegrini, D., Daiter, J., Varenbut, M., Hogenbirk, J. C., & Marsh, D. C. (2017). The effectiveness of telemedicine-delivered opioid agonist therapy in a supervised clinical setting, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 176, 133-138.
6. Lin, L., Casteel, D., Shigekawa, E., Weyrich, M, Roby, D., & McMenamin, S. (2019). Telemedicine-delivered treatment interventions for substance use disorders: A systematic review. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 101: 38-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sat.2019.03.007