New Year’s Eve is usually spent celebrating the year ahead. This year is going to be different with social distancing orders in place across the world.
We are here to share 5 ways you can celebrate at home safe and sober.
- Have a Zoom game night: Want to still hang out with friends but stay socially distanced? Get a group of friends together to play virtual games. Do some research about virtual game sites you can all join from your own homes.
- Dress up and cook a nice dinner: If you are like me, NYE is a great excuse to get dressed up, go out for a nice dinner, and celebrate the year ahead. Why not get dressed up and cook a fancy dinner at home? Many restaurants have copycat recipes online. Maybe you can find your favorite dish and try to recreate it at home.
- Reflect on 2020 and write down your 2021 wishes and goals: Let’s hope 2021 is a better year.
- Have a pajama party: Wear fun pj’s and watch your favorite movies.
- Try out different mocktails and appetizers: Maybe you will find your new favorite thing to bring to a party in 2021.
Here is how some of the Workit Team plan to ring in the new year:
Dynese Addotta: “New Year’s Eve is my birthday!! I will be spending it with my Love, enjoying each other’s company. Have a nice dinner and pop some Martinelli’s non-alcohol champagne at midnight!
Sam Keeler: “We like to have a dish from different countries for the hour that they turn midnight! IDK of a fun bloggy way to say that though lol but would highly recommend it! New Years around the world”
Katie Nelson: “I’ll be spending NYE at home with the dogs. They are terrified of fireworks, so every NYE I make sure I’m home to comfort them and we ring in the new year together. I wouldn’t choose to spend my evening any other way. During the COVID pandemic, I’ve found the company of my dogs so therapeutic.”
Kali Lux: “I will be celebrating with sparkling apple cider and games like Bananagrams and Codenames. I know some friends who are planning sober Zoom dance parties which sounds very fun for something more high energy.”
Courtney Todd: “My family plans to order Chinese and watch movies in our pajamas. Much more laid back than normal and I am actually looking forward to it.”
Wishing everyone a happy and safe new year. Here’s to 2021!